It would have been nice to have worked with Vinod Khanna after I was mature as an actor, admits Akshaye Khanna!

Akshaye Khanna, through numerous ups and downs, has accomplished 20 years in the movie industry. This year saw the ill-fated death of his father and veteran actor Vinod Khanna, and in an interview with a famous tabloid, Akshaye expressed his wish to have been able to work with his dad.

"I can’t remember a film that was offered to me where I got the chance to work with him. I worked with my dad in my first film (Himalay Putra), but it would have been nice to have worked with him after I was a little mature and experienced as an actor. I wish I had that chance," Akshaye disclosed.

When we had gotten the chance to interview the actor, Akshaye got open about the past 20 years in Bollywood. He told, "It's been beautiful. I can't say that I have any regrets, of course, one does stupid things. Especially when you start work at a very young age - when you are not mature enough to understand the responsibilities of being a professional actor. I was an especially immature person. I was 19 and I was not mature enough to understand my own responsibility. So yeah, I wish I was more mature, that's the way it was."

Akshaye further added, "I think as a journey...we've all done good films and bad films, some terrible films but I think that's going to happen in the future also. Nobody makes 100 percent correct choices except for Aamir Khan but everybody...we've been part of good films, we've been part of bad films. Some performances maybe liked, some maybe disliked but the focus should always be on the creative process. If one distances oneself from getting too affected by failure or too affected by success, so both things are easy or hard to deal with. They both have to be taken with a little pinch of salt and it's not easy. And I'm not just talking about the acting profession, I'm talking generally. In any profession, what one does - the focus should be on that. Yes, success will come, failure will come, there will be downs, there will be ups - that's part of life. As long as you want to keep the focus to improve one's self and keep the creative process going, if that's the focus then you will always be a winner."


Akshaye will next be seen in Ittefaq which is being directed by Abhay Chopra and also stars Sidharth Malhotra and Sonakshi Sinha. Ittefaq is scheduled to release on November 3, 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...