If someone calls me hot, it is because of my work, admits Nawazuddin Siddiqui!

Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui has worked with most of the megastars in Bollywood. Though he was in a supporting or negative role, his character left a lasting impact at times more than the lead actor.

Now, he is gearing up for the release of his forthcoming movie Munna Michael, where he is starring along with Tiger Shroff. When a famous tabloid questioned him the difference in superstars and star kids approach towards their work, Nawaz specified, "Not just star kids, even our superstars have changed a lot. Earlier, superstars would take stardom very seriously, but today's stars are humble. The star kids are also approachable and they understand cinema well. They are more realistic both in terms of their personality and approach."

Many of the movies by leading superstars have failed to influence at the box-office. It is also said that the viewers has started looking at the story rather than the stars unlike before. Agreeing to it, Nawazuddin told, "Yes, the audience can't be fooled anymore. However, I believe that superstars are necessary. Their massive fan-following helps movies run and it's with that money that we manage to make more films. Hollywood has taken over Europe because there are no superstars left there. So, until the time there are stars and superstars, our cinema will flourish. The day they are extinct, Hollywood films will grab our market."


Nawaz has a huge fan following around the nation and people do find him hot. Speaking about it, Nawazuddin told, "What can I say about that? I am happy but also shocked. There was a time when people told me, 'Bhai kyu jaa raha hai filmomein? Shakal surat toh dekh le apni.' And then, my mother would say, 'Mard kikhoobsurti uske kaam se hoti hai.' Today, if someone calls me hot, I know that it is because of my work and I take it seriously."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...