Arjun Kapoor opens up about his “Metrosexual Hero” tag!

Bollywood actor Arjun Kapoor is presently gearing up for the release of his film Mubarakan which also stars Anil Kapoor, Ileana D'Cruz and Athiya Shetty.

When a famous tabloid enquired the actor if he is scared of being tagged as a metrosexual hero, Arjun responded, "I don't think I have been tagged as a metrosexual hero. Half Girlfriend did well in UP, Bihar, Rajasthan and Indore. Gunday also did well in those regions. Ishaqzaade was a pan-India success at that point."

He further added, "I am always trying to meander my way into every household in India. I want to be a pan India hero. That's how you can survive. When you have survived for four or five years and have a body of work, you should only look towards making more inroads. You cannot be stuck in personas of being massy, urban, classy, sophisticated or rustic. These are tags that you can break."

On not being completely Bollywoodised, the actor disclosed, "I am very proud that I hail from the film fraternity. I am never apologetic about it. That doesn't mean that there aren't other facets to my personality. I am a well-rounded person, not just physically (laughs)."

Would Arjun ever take up a film that depicts women derogatively and Arjun specified, "Films mirror society. When you read about a character, if it's not written with a particular agenda, say where they not purposely trying to malign the opposite sex and the journey brings about a catharsis, then it makes sense."

"If a film is derogatory towards women, I won't affiliate myself with it. That is not the reality I would like to put out in the world," he further added.

There are numerous times when it is said that Bollywood has a heavy impact on the masses. On this, the actor got candid and told, "If we, as filmmakers and creative people, start becoming the do-gooders and the cleansers of society, it means that the infrastructure of our government has let us down drastically. Do you mean to say that we are the only cause for everything bad that happens in the country? If that is the case, then there is a fundamental flaw in the system."


Directed by Anees Bazmee, Mubarakan is scheduled to release on July 28, 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...