Never in our wildest dreams did we imagine this kind of love and adulation, says Aamir on Dangal's success in China!

Superstar Aamir Khan's Dangal is based on the real-life story of Mahavir Phogat and his daughters, Babita-Geeta - the wrestling champions of India. The movie created history in terms of numbers in China and has grossed over INR 500 crore at the box office and it has shattered all the records.

Speaking about the success the film has got, Aamir Khan told a famous daily, "We hoped that our film will be loved in China, but never in our wildest dreams did we imagine this kind of love and adulation. I am humbled."

When questioned about what is it that his cinema buffs like about him, he responded back saying, "I wish I knew the answer to that. I still don't know what connects me to my audience in India. What connects audiences with actors is inexplicable. In my case, I'd like to believe it's my good work that has formed this connection."


Adding more to the concept of numbers, Aamir Khan told, "The success of each film is important to me. That is the sole reason I work. I want everyone who sees my film to love it, be touched by it, and gain something from it. Box office numbers are an indication of how much the film has been loved; by no means is it the only yardstick."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...