I am past my prime and won’t be doing a daily soap as a lead, says Shruti Seth!

TV actress Shruti Seth is all set to be seen on SAB TV's comedy show TV, Biwi Aur Main opposite Karan Veer Mehra.

Lately, when a famous tabloid questioned Shruti the reason of choosing this show, she specified, "The fact that I was needed for 20 days a month was the biggest lure for me. Being a mother, I don’t want to stay away from my daughter for long. I wanted to return to TV for a while but nothing substantial came my way."

So, is the Shararat actor interested in doing dramatic shows? To which she told, "I did get a call to be part of a mythological show where they wanted me to be the mother of Lord Ganesh. I turned them down (laughs). I am past my prime and won’t be doing a daily soap as a lead. When I clarify that I won’t give up my life for a show, I get calls for ‘pivotal roles’ or negative roles. But these don’t interest me either as I am scared of the number of days needed in a month to shoot or the location, which requires a lot of commutes. That’s why I am glad that comedy has adopted me and I plan to stay adopted."

When questioned if she watches any Indian shows, Shruti responded, "I don’t enjoy watching most of Indian TV as it is not my cup of tea. I am not for unrealistic hyper-drama. I would like to see shows from different genres like thrillers and legal dramas without turning everything into a saas-bahu show. I have seen many shows start off well with great intentions but soon come back to saas-bahu. I remember the TV shows made by Aditya Chopra’s production company were so relatable and well-written. We need to have the patience to see things through but most producers and channels get nervous very quickly. If there are no immediate results, people panic, and turn to tried-and-tested formulas."


The actor was also part of the clan of the Colors show Comedy Nights Bachao. The show entrapped in a controversy for its pattern. When questioned about it, Shruti told, "The show was fabulous as I don’t think there is any industry where people are brave enough to be on a show where they will be laughed at. One needs a serious amount of courage and a sense of humour. We live in the times of the easily offended. But the guests we had, impressed me by the way in which they allowed us to make fun of them. Many people understood that the show was about jokes, and no one made any personal attacks or comments. Of course, the jokes were made in the right spirit."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...