Karan Johar feels his 45th birthday very special due to kids Yash and Roohi!


Karan Johar confronted all the stereotypes when he decided to become a single father to twins - Roohi and Yash - through surrogacy. Recently, the filmmaker has turned 45 and in an interview with a famous tabloid, he told that Roohi and Yash might not know but they are indeed making his birthday special. 

The filmmaker told, "Yes, it’s my first birthday with my babies, though they don’t know that. But they don’t know that they are making the day their papa turns 45 so special." How does it feel like turning 45? Johar told, "I can’t believe I’m turning 45. I don’t feel it at all in my head or in my heart. And I’m definitely not behaving like a 45-year-old (laughs). Actually, it’s the first time in many years that I have thought, 'Should I be wearing this? I’m now 45.' For the first time, I’m thinking that I should consider some of my wardrobe choices. But besides that, I can’t believe I have reached this number. I feel the same the way I did when I turned 30. For me, age is just a number, and I’m going to say that even if I don’t believe it, as it makes me feel good, temporarily."

Does he love celebrating his birthday? Johar further added, "I pretend not to [get excited] because, after a certain age, it sounds really stupid (smiles). And it’s cool to say that you aren’t excited about your birthday and sound blasé and make everyone feel that you are superior and above it. But I love my birthday, opening and receiving [gifts], and especially, all the importance, attention and everything else. I have always been like that, at least since I was two. So it’s been 43 years of me being excited about it, but I put up a big act [of not being excited]."


Is becoming a parent a big responsibility? Replying to this question, Johar told, "Absolutely, and I keep saying that they are my most ambitious productions (laughs). I have to make sure that I nurture them, love them, and I am accountable to them. I really want to be that kind of a parent because in my case, I have a dual responsibility. It’s like you get two for the price of one (smiles). My children will have the rare distinction of celebrating Mother’s Day as well as Father’s Day. I’m happy to have that responsibility since I’m ready for it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...