If I fall short in front of Aamir Khan or Big B, it will be very bad, says Fatima Sana Shaikh!

After remarkable act as Geeta Phogat in Dangal which made her a household name, Fatima Sana Shaikh is set to star in Thugs of Hindostan.

The hunt for the famous lady in the movie saw names like Alia Bhatt, Shraddha Kapoor and Vaani Kapoor pop up. Fatima too had to audition many times before bagging the role, but she didn't mind it. "It doesn’t matter because you are giving your 100% every day. And you will only feel good once you go back home knowing you have put in so much effort," she told to a leading daily.

Was she waiting for a big movie like Dangal to come her way? She disclosed, "No, it was nothing like that. I wanted to do a good film that I would be excited about, regardless of how big or small it may be. You have to be excited about something [in a film]. With this film, everything fell into right place; it’s like a perfect movie. I was waiting for a script that’s exciting. I gave so many auditions for this film because I really wanted the part. If there’s something exciting, I would do anything for it."

On whether she feels the pressure to live up to expectations and Fatima says, "My problem is that I put a lot of pressure on myself regardless of anyone else doing it or not. All the time, I’m worried about everything, but that’s good because it pushes me to do my best all the time. I don’t slack off. You should keep a little pressure on yourself in life. When you get such good things after working hard, you value them more."

Fatima had auditioned for TOH the same way she did Dangal. Was she expecting it to be easier post-Dangal? She responded, "I don’t think so. Your writer, director, or producer has to be convinced about you, or until they see the character in you. And if they are auditioning you and if you also want the part, then what’s the harm in it? If I want something, I would like to prove myself. If I really want to do a film, and it requires me to audition for two years, I’d do it."

Does Fatima want to be the next big star on the horizon? The actress disclosed, "I don’t function like that. I have been acting since I was a kid and have struggled a lot, so my thinking has never been like, ‘Oh, once I grow up, I have to be the biggest superstar heroine’. I used to just think, ‘Today, I am going to this audition and I wish I get this ad film; and I should give my 100%’. And that’s how I have always worked."

Actresses nowadays want to do solo female-oriented movies. What about her? "Honestly, I am not thinking about such things. When I was doing Dangal (2016), I only had that film in hand. Now, I only have Thugs [Of Hindostan] and it will consume a lot of time. So, I don’t have any space left to accommodate anything else in life. It’s a huge opportunity for me and if I don’t do well, or fall short in front of Aamir (Khan) Sir or Amitabh (Bachchan) sir, it will be very bad. So, I have to give my 1000%. They have shown faith in me. I shouldn’t look odd, at least in front of them. I just have to give it my all again," she ends conversation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...