Anil Kapoor’s debut in an international show named The Book of Strange New Things!

Bollywood dynamic actor Anil Kapoor made his debut with Danny Boyle's Slumdog Millionaire in the Hollywood. Later, he did a much-hyped cameo in Tom Cruise starrer Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. He bought the adaptation of the famous TV series 24 on Indian television. Now, the actor is ready to join the cast of an international show - and this time, it's for a web series.

As per a famous tabloid, Anil will be seen in Amazon Originals' new sci-fi drama pilot, The Book Of Strange New Things, which is based on the novel by Michael Faber. The book narrates the story of a priest who is sent to space to set up a new colony but ends up with an experience that challenges his faith in his own beliefs. Kapoor has been cast in the role of Vikram Danesh, the commanding head of an outdoor base. The pilot will be written by Matt Charman of Bridge Of Spies and directed by Kevin MacDonald of The Last King Of Scotland.


Talking to a tabloid about his new move, Anil told, “I felt fortunate for this opportunity because of the genius that Kevin is! I saw the most magnificent content unfold in front of my eyes as I watched him direct." Kapoor added that it would have been devastating if he'd missed out on this role. Anil further added, "When I prep for a role, I don't look at only what I am doing as an actor. Instead, I prefer to educate myself. Vikram Danesh is such a magnificent part."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...