TV actor Manish Goel recalls sweet memories and bond with SRK!

Superstar Shah Rukh Khan, three days ago, in wake of his forthcoming movie, Jab Harry Met Sejal - shared a video of Dil Le Gayi Kudi Gujarat Di. Well, the connection was that in his forthcoming movie, he essays a Punjabi guy and he falls in love with Gujarati girl, Anushka Sharma.

Sung by popular Punjabi singer Jasbir Jassi, the original video released over a decade ago featuring TV actor Manish Goel. Speaking about the song, Manish told, “It was my first claim to fame, I got my first serial Bandhan because of this. Whenever I go to a party, yeh gaana ek baar toh bajta hi hai. This song was always popular, but now with SRK singing it, it’s refreshing your memory and taking it to another level.”

Manish, in an interview with a famous tabloid, told that he is also from SRK's hometown Delhi and his school was in the same area where Shah Rukh used to reside. Remembering old memories, Manish told, “My parents own a beauty salon at Green Park, which is near Gulmohar Park. Shah Rukh used to go there for a haircut and shave. Later, he shifted to Mumbai. My father used to tell me if I get a chance to speak to SRK, ask him about it.”

He also further added, “My son wanted to see him and when I told SRK about the salon, he not only remembered it — he told me how many times he had gone there! He has such a sharp memory."

The eternal bond doesn't end her. Drawing resemblances, when SRK suffered a back injury and had to use traction, Manish too had the same problem. “For a scene in Bhabhi, I jumped from a height of 25 feet and fractured my back. It was uncanny as both of us had the same L3, L4 spinal fracture. Not only that, we ended up at a salon for a haircut at the same time and were discussing our injuries,” remembers Manish. Two years ago, he dislocated his shoulder at the same time that SRK did! “My wife Poonam wanted the black leather string that SRK was using, but she didn’t find it,” added Manish.


This is not it! Manish's forthcoming show might be called Masoom. “I play the main antagonist, and my role is a combination of SRK’s characters from Darr, Anjaam and Baazigar,” he said and signed off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nushrratt Bharuccha opens up about her family’s reaction to her decision to be an actor!

Nushrratt Bharuccha is regarded as one of B-town's gifted stars today, having starred in numerous successful movies. She first worked in...