Harshvardhan Kapoor wants me to work so that he can experiment, says Anil Kapoor!

Veteran actor Anil Kapoor is one proud father as his kids- both Sonam Kapoor and Harshvardhan Kapoor are striving hard to leave their mark in the industry.

The doting father is also very happy with the kind of films Harshvardhan is choosing, however, maintains that he is also concerned for his son. Why?

In an interview to a famous magazine, Anil told, “I feel Harsh is still naive. For example, he’ll say no to very big filmmakers. I hope they understand that he really wants to work with them and means well, but he’s not ready to do those films. I wish he’d at least spoken to me before… But it’s fine… That’s his decision.”

But, Anil also repeated the fact that this won't affect his career because he has the option to explore and experiment, unlike him who had financial situations to handle.

“I was very rigid too. My second film was with Mani Ratnam. I was constantly meeting Shyam Benegal and Mrinal Sen. But there came a time when nobody cast me. I was desperate. Harsh is fortunate in that for his first two films he got to work with Rakeysh [Omprakash Mehra] and Vikramaditya [Motwane]. I would’ve loved to do my first two films with them. But I was in different economic strata and financial situation. So I had to make a few decisions that I didn’t necessarily want to,” Anil further added.

When Harsh was questioned about the kind of work he aspires to do, he told, “I don’t have to make ample amounts of money, and my films don’t have to make Rs. 200 crore. I’m really not interested in that. If it happens, that’s phenomenal. I’m just happy to have worked with two of the biggest directors around, and I don’t think you can put a price on that. I’m very clear about what I want. When people see my next filmBhavesh Joshi, I hope they like it. But the intention is to make a vigilante action film set in Bombay that you’ve never seen before.”

In a humorous conversation, Anil also exclaimed that Harsh wants him to work so that he [Harsh] can be experimental with his work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...