I saw Salman Khan prepare for the first time for Tubelight, tells Kabir Khan!




Salman Khan is all set to entice his fans in his upcoming film Tubelight. Helmed by Kabir Khan, the movie is all set to release on June 23, 2017.

With just 2 days left for the movie to release, Kabir Khan in a candid interview revealed that this is perhaps the first time he saw Salman Khan prepare for a role.

When asked how did Salman prepare for the role, Kabir said, "Preparation is not something Salman Khan will admit to, because I think it's not cool enough to do that but this is the first time I saw him prepare for a role. This is the first time I saw him struggling to, in a way, to get hold of this character. He would start calling me in the middle of the night saying ki "arey koi reference de" and I said, "main kahan se reference doon, reference hi nahi hai." He said, "Hollywood mei koi reference hai," to which I said, "nahi hai". There was one person who he knew of which was probably close to this character. He would keep asking would the character do this or that, so that was his preparation. Just sitting and thinking about this character much more than I have ever seen him do. Even today, he goes by gut instinct. In this, I could see him do that."


Further, Kabir recalled the first day of the shoot when Salman disappeared for 40 minutes to prepare for the scene. "This I realized on the first day of the shoot. I realised I was a little cruel to him because, on the first day of the shoot, I made him do the climax scene. I said I will throw you in the deep end aur pir dekhenge. On the first day of the shoot in Ladakh, when we were about to shoot, he disappeared. I kept looking for him and he came after 40 minutes, he came in a zone which I have never seen in him because he is someone who would be whistling and laughing and whom we say action will start crying. We rolled, that is a single take scene, which has gone as it is in the edit, I didn't tell him anything, he just performed something and I realized where he was for the last 40 minutes. For me, that was very heartening as the director because this made my journey simpler because I realised that he is taking care of his own character, I just need to make sure that the consistency remains and he doesn't go overboard."

Kabir, in an earlier interview, had also said that this is by far Salman's most endearing role.


Kabir and Salman have together worked in three films- Ek Tha Tiger, Bajrangi Bhaijaan and Tubelight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...