I don’t get the whole concept of arranged marriage, says Sidharth Malhotra!

Actor Sidharth Malhotra has definitely come a long way since his Bollywood debut in Student of the Year, five years back.

In an interview with a famous tabloid, when Sidharth was questioned where he sees himself in five years from now, Sidharth told, "I definitely see myself continuing to act — doing different kinds of roles and working in different genres."

Does he see himself getting married in those five years? Sidharth disclosed, "Well… I don’t know. My mum would be happy [if that happens]. Marriage is something I have not planned for yet. No offense, but I don’t get the whole concept of arranged marriage. I’d rather know the person who I’ll settle down with. But if I had to put a cap on it, maybe I will get hitched in my 30s."

When questioned to choose between a biopic, a period movie or a superhero film, he told, "If I have to pick, for me, it is all about reinventing something and bringing a genre back. For example, Ittefaq it is not a remake; instead, it is an adaptation. It is a murder mystery that we are bringing back. We haven’t seen many murder mysteries of late, so it’s exciting to just bring back that genre. The superhero genre is also exciting, as are period films or sports-based films. Maybe I get to do a period film where the character plays a sport and even has superhero powers (laughs). So yes, [I’d choose] all three."

Sidharth will next be seen in A Gentleman which also stars Jacqueline Fernandez and is directed by Krishna DK and Raj Nidimoru. The movie is scheduled to release on August 25, 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...