I'd rather do Rs 50-lakh film than a Rs 50-cr project, tells Nawazuddin!

Whether it's bringing alive well-known writer Saadat Hasan Manto onscreen in "Manto" or playing a rustic sharpshooter in his most "besharam" movie "Babumoshai Bandookbaaz", actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's new projects are about exploring the unexplored.

At a time when a mega-budget entertainer like "Baahubali" has set new examples for the Indian film industry, the resourceful actor tells a film's budget or the stars and directors associated with it don't motivate him to decide on a project.

"However big a scale of a film, or however famous a director is, or a star, I don't do a film till I don't understand it."

"If someone says it's a Rs 50-crore or Rs 70-crore film, I leave that and do a Rs 50-lakh film, because satisfaction is very important for me. Maybe the Rs 50-crore film doesn't allow me to tap a new side of my potential that a smaller budget film lets me discover," Nawazuddin told.

"If nothing happens to me from within after listening to a film's story, then I don't do it budget irrespective," added the actor, who for the past three to four years, has come into his own.

In "Manto", meanwhile, the actor will be seen bringing forth the simplicity of the writer, who was a strong advocate of free speech.

"'Manto' has been a great experience... People know a lot about his work and he continues to be known for his daring and boldness," Nawazuddin told, drawing a deep breath of satisfaction understandably of getting his due in the industry.

"I am doing the kind of roles that I really want to do... The industry is giving them to me. I never wanted to do black and white kind of roles. Our (Indian film) hero has no drawback at all... So I am not interested in those roles," Nawazuddin told.


"And there's one villain who has all the evil. I am not interested in that role as well. I am drawn to close-to-real-life roles where the character is a mix of black and white... I prefer grey.", concluded Nawazuddin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...