Pankhury Awasthy's heartbreaking poem over Rape and the condition of women!



TV actress Pankhuri Awasthy aka Amla from Star Plus' Kya Qasoor Hai Amla Ka lately  penned down a powerful poem addressing the present state of affairs in our country. Playing a rape victim in 'Kya Qusoor hai Amla Ka',  the Indian adaption of hit Turkish show Fatmagul, Pankhuri has chosen to pick a strong character driven role after essaying the title role of the historical show Razia Sultan. Pankhuri shared a heart-breaking yet powerful hand written poem titled 'Let's not wake up' on her social media & it has a strong message.

'Let's not wake up'
Let's not wake up
Because an eight month old is thrown out of a three wheeler while her twenty - three year old mother is gang raped
Let's not wake up
Because the eight month old will never wake up again!
Let's not wake up
because for a three year old, even the School is not a safe place anymore.
Molested & Bruised on her private parts by a Male teacher, she says.
And no different for her Boy her age too.
The school says that the accusations are unfounded while the media wouldn't give away the name of the school.
Let's not wake up because these institutions will never wake up.
Let's not wake up
Because in an after-care home, the rape survivors, fifteen & seventeen years old commit suicide, raped by her own father & by an NRI neighbor respectively, they mention in their suicide notes that, they were fed up of life.
Let's not wake up, because I am guilty & you are guilty.
Have we done anything or is that all we can do? Watch the numbers increase everyday.
Let's not wake up, let's rise to the occasion.

Pankhuri is an enthusiastic reader & also likes to pen down her thoughts in her free time or in-between shots. The actress at a promotional event of her show, had spoken to a news agency about her ill-fated experience of being eve-teased.

"When I was in Delhi, I used to travel to college by Metro and so many instances have happened with me. That time (in college), you're so young and you don't realise half of the things that are happening to you. "Cities are not safe for girls. If you think you can go out at night, you can't do so without being scared," she added.

"But Mumbai is one of the safest cities in India if I tell by my experience. I have stayed in Delhi, Chandigarh, Noida, and Bengaluru; and have visited other cities too. I won't say cities are safe for women," Pankhuri told on the sets of Kya Qussoor Hai Amala Ka? on Saturday.

"Earlier, I didn't have the courage to stand up against it. Now I do stand up. Recently, I was in Bengaluru with my friends and I was wearing a skirt. There was this guy who came and he had the courage to touch my thighs. I slapped him then and there itself," she told.

"I stop there and say out a few bad words when somebody tries to tease me. I can't keep quiet now. I am proud of myself for doing that," she added.

"For the preparation of my role, I met a psychologist and a practising psychiatrist to understand what goes on in the minds of these girls who have been raped. They told us that what's the uncommon thing here is that most of these girls are married to the guy who raped them," Pankhuri said.


She feels that such type of forced relations is "uncomfortable" for women. Kya Qussoor Hai Amala Ka?, an Indian adaptation of popular Turkish TV show Fatmagul, deals with complex emotions and tackles the sensitive subject of a violation of the innocence of a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...