I believe in every lie I tell otherwise I wouldn’t be an actor, admits SRK!

Superstar Shah Rukh Khan has time and again enthralled the viewers and given us some unforgettable hits. From being a flag bearer of romance to being a charmer, SRK has swooned both men and women for years now. The actor, who clocked 25 years in Bollywood recently, decoded his journey with us during a heart-to-heart conversation. Excerpts from the interview:

You lately accomplished 25 Golden Years. How has your journey been? 
The one thing that stands out for me in these 25 or 26 years is that it happened very fast. I really feel it’s been only two-three years since I’ve been in Mumbai… I think I’ve got stuck in time. When I speak to my family, and see my children all grown up, so reality is there for me to see, but I do feel all of this happened so fast. I used to live in a house next door (next to Taj Land’s End in Bandra, Mumbai), then I shifted five houses down, so it is very shocking for me, it really feels like I’ve been around only for a few years. I really feel ‘abhi toh aayaa thaa main!’

“That’s why when people question for how many years I’m doing the same thing, and for how long I’ll continue doing it, I find it odd. Because for me, I have just arrived, if I am working with all these women, I’m also young right? But on a serious note, on days like this, what I do is, on Twitter people put all the pictures of me from all my films, and a couple of days ago I really sat down to count the pictures, there were so many posters there. I don’t even know how many films I’ve done. With all due respect to the film’s I’ve done, I really have to sit down and try and remember when I had clicked a certain picture, that’s when I feel a lot of time has passed, but it has passed so fast, I feel it was like yesterday!”

Have you watched Deewana? 
I haven’t watched Deewana, I don’t even want to watch it, and I don’t say it out of ego, but I now watch all the new movies (laughs). The first reaction I got for Deewana was from Rakesh uncle (Roshan) at Mehboob Studio. He had told me ‘Tu bohot bada star ban gaya yaar (you’ve become a big star)’. And I asked him, ‘really?’ That was the time I used to walk back to my house from work, and two-three days had passed since the film has released. It was not like today when box office numbers come even before the film is released, and people even tell you what is good and what is bad in the film. But it wasn’t like that then, I remember how once I was walking past Salman’s house and a handsome Salim Khan was in the balcony, and he waved to me and told me, ‘Janaab aapki film bohot chal rahi hai, aap star ban jaaoge (your film is doing very well, you’ll soon become a star)!’ Or I think he said this when I was having dinner with him, he also said that when you go to a hair salon and when the barber asks you if you want a Shah Rukh hair cut, you have to know that you’ve become a star. After returning home, when I told Gauri that Deewana is a hit, she simply congratulated me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...