Sanjay Leela Bhansali wanteds only trio Deepika-Ranveer-Shahid for Padmavat!

Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s work of art Padmaavat has finally hit the theatres after several hullabaloos. The film’s set was attacked, the actors were threatened with physical harm and Sanjay Leela Bhansali was himself attacked by assailants.

But, the movie has released now and the director is overjoyed with the response to the movie. In a chat to a portal he revealed, “I really don’t know how I got through this period. But after all of this, to have the film release finally in spite of all odds, and most importantly, to have audiences flocking to see it in spite of the threats… I can’t tell you what a relief and joy it is. Just hearing about the collections washes away all my pain of the last 8-9 months… well, maybe not all of it.”

He further added, “Every time I was attacked, I used my pain and suffering as an impetus to work better. I channelised all my anxiety into making Padmaavat. I think suffering has always been an incentive for my creativity.”

When questioned about casting Ranveer Singh-Shahid Kapoor-Deepika Padukone for the movie, he told, “It made no difference to me whether they had successes or flops behind them. I wanted these actors and only these three actors. And I am so happy with the quality of performances they have given in my film.”

He also credited his mother and his friends for being by his side when he was facing controversies. “I’ve toiled over every moment of the film,” he ended conversation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...