Deepika pursued Vishal Bharadwaj for making Sapna Didi biopic!



Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone is happy after the great response her newest release, Padmaavat has got. The movie has opened to record-breaking figures and movie-goers have been going gaga about Deepika’s act in the movie.

Deepika will now move on to her next movie, Vishal Bharadwaj’s next based on the life of Sapna Didi. When a media source questioned Deepika about this, she told, “Of all the scripts I have heard in the last two years, I’ve been stuck on this one. He (Vishal Bharadwaj) brought this to me first, got me excited and then when I was ready to do it, he had moved on to something else. But, I persisted. It’s the one occasion where I pursued the director to make the film.”

About co-star Irrfan Khan with who she will be paired again after Piku she told, “He’s witty, smart and intelligent. I’m glad I’ll be bouncing my ideas off someone who’s a master at what he does. For an actor, that’s going to be challenging but also exciting.”


She also spoke about her personal life and revealed, “It’s important to retain a bit of yourself for yourself- that’s what will keep you alive as a person. Also, you have to be careful, because a lot of what is posted on social media is merely projection. I work in the field of mental health, so I know the negative aspects of it and the kind of repercussions it can have on young minds. It’s important to find a balance.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...