It felt like detox sharing horrific secrets of my life with people, says Kangana Ranaut!

Earlier, Kangana Ranaut, during the promotions of her movies Rangoon and Simran gave numerous interviews where she spoke at length about all the hullabaloos in her life. Unhappily, both the movies did not do well at the box-office but her interviews took everyone by storm throughout the year.

Lately, Kangana was questioned about the fact whether her interviews during Simran's promotions distracted people more than the film and that her personal life became the talk of the town. Kangana answered to it stating, "There is only so much that you can control in life. When there are so many controversies around, you will be asked about them. Also, it gives me an opportunity to come clean on many issues and answer all the questions and doubts that people might have about me. I am not the kind of person who plans and picks one day to come clean and talk about everything. I could be talking about my craft or giving the audience a glimpse into my inner world — I personally see every interaction that I have during interviews as an opportunity to come closer to my audience. I am answerable to them for my actions. As a public figure, why pretend to give an interview when you don’t want to talk or give one? Why pretend to go around in circles when you have no desire to let the audience enter your world? I don’t do that. I’d rather not be in that space. Sometimes, I am asked questions that are very intimidating, but I make sure that I answer them. It makes me feel much closer to my viewers."

When questioned if there are questions she wants to dodge or is feared of, Kangana responded, "Yes, there are, and at times, the way my past is spoken about sounds tacky. I believe in the Vedanta philosophy that your secret is very powerful. Whatever you keep as a secret has a life of its own, it starts to grow like a tree and takes over your existence. Anything that I hate and I can’t stand - whether it is about me or about my past - I speak about it openly because I feel that if it rests inside me, it will take over my life one day. I know it sounds trippy and twisted. Whenever I fear that a question will be asked, or someone’s name mentioned, I let it be asked as that is exactly what I should be doing - answering it. Why let a secret grow and flourish inside you? Would you like to let the demons flourish inside you? They will eat you up, right? Whenever I have shared horrific secrets of my life with people, they have been very kind and empathetic. It felt like detox. So many religions have given importance to confession. Whenever you confess to people, they start thinking about your miseries and battles, while you go home and get a good night’s sleep. Why else would a young woman like me bare my heart? When I share my secrets with people, it frees me. Ten years ago, when I would approach people, they would turn away. Now, they come across and give me a hug. I like the environment that I have created for myself."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...