Prasoon Joshi wants to know about CBFC before big changes!

With Pahlaj Nihalani's ouster as the CBFC Chief, all hopes are now on Prasoon Joshi, who is an applauded lyricist, screenplay writer and poet, who has been given the baton to lead the CBFC.

The lyricist, who was also the face behind Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Accha Din campaign and who opposed censorship once, is hopeful that he would be able to make a positive difference in the industry.

Talking to a famous news agency, the lyricist told, "I believe in taking on responsibilities. The way I have fulfilled other responsibilities, I will give my best to this new task as well. I am happy that people have expectations from me and I deeply respect the film industry."

He further added, "I first need to understand the role and responsibility. I do understand it in a short form but I need to know completely what the processes are specially. With good intent, I would like to make as much difference as I can."

Also on the board list is Bollywood actor Vidya Balan. When requested to comment on this, Joshi told, "All the good people who join will make a difference. I think it has to be done together and there has to be some sort of understanding which has to brought in this is a job, it needs to be done and we need to look at it constructively. That's what I would do. I would do it to the best of my abilities."


The Minister of Information and technology released an official notification last night pronouncing the appointment of new CBFC Chief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...