I suggested Rajkummar Rao's name for Bareilly Ki Barfi, reveals Ayushmann Khurrana!



Bareilly Ki Barfi starring Rajkummar Rao, Ayushmann Khurrana and Kriti Sanon has been getting good reviews from the critics and it's Rao's act that has been loved the most.

Ayushmann Khurrana, in an interview with a famous news agency, disclosed that it was him who suggested Rao's name for the character. Ayushmann told, “I’ve never done a two-hero film and its okay to do it. In Vicky Donor, Annu Kapoor, I thought, had a more author-backed role than me. But he wasn’t my contemporary, Rajkummar is. But if the script is good, then why not. Once in a while, it’s good to do a two-hero film.”

He went on to add, “I love him (Rajkummar) as a person and an actor. I was the one who suggested his name for the character. His role is more author-backed than mine. I knew he will get all the good reviews for acting in the film. I won’t be surprised if they say ‘he stole the show’ because his role is like that, the transition from a meek to an aggressive guy. I trigger that change but he is doing it.”

“We are similar in a way but the kind of films we’ve done is slightly different. He has done mostly alternate cinema, I’ve done a mix of both. My films are somewhere in between good commercial success and are also content-based," further added the actor.

“I’ve always looked up to Rajkummar because he is so versatile. He changes so much in every film, which isn’t easy. He has brought this film (Bareilly Ki Barfi) to another level. Selfishly, I feel you should have great actors as eventually, if a film succeeds, everyone wins,” Ayushmann Khurrana told and ended conversation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...