People are now giving me varied roles and noticing me, reveals Rajkummar Rao!


Actor Rajkummar Rao has time and again showed his mettle through his dedication and acting skills. The actor has given us all the reasons to praise him through his portrayal of different sort of characters with such merit. From Trapped to playing the role of a 324-year-old in Raabta, Rajkummar has evolved in terms of his career.

Now, he is all set to essay the role of Pritam Vidrohi in Bareilly Ki Barfi. Rajkummar's character as Pritam Vidrohi in Bareilly Ki Barfi is a guy who is naive and vulnerable. Speaking about it, he told "My process of being an actor has always been the same. It's just that people are now giving me varied roles and noticing me. I am getting films like Omerta, Trapped and Bareilly Ki Barfi, where I get to portray a multi-shaded character, who looks, sounds and behaves differently. That's what I look for as an actor -roles that can push and challenge my limits."

He went on to add, "Some roles take a toll on your mental and physical health. Trapped was a tough and gruelling shoot and Omerta was explosive. Yes, Bareilly... is a lighter film, but it was a tough role for me as I had to portray a character with diverse shades without going overboard. In one scene itself, I had to show two different sides to my character and that was difficult. Ashwiny's film is quirky and the characters are so rooted that you can smell India in it."

Rajkumar also made news for his weight transformation.  The actor earlier took to Instagram and shared a picture which shows his transformation from Behen Hogi Teri to Bose. It's simply amazing to see his transformation. Rao also posted, "#AnActorsLife #Building a character. From Behen Hogi Teri to Trapped to currently shooting for #Bose. Nothing gives me higher than preparing and living a character."


Not just did he gain weight, but also got a haircut to give an authentic feel to the character of Subhash Chandra Bose. He shared his picture a while ago and wrote, "Got a haircut done for #Bose. We'll soon put out the first look as Bose. Until then, these r the post hair cut pictures.Thank U @AalimHakim."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...