Remixes took away the essence and soul of the original songs, says Anuradha Paudwal!

As the fashion of remixing old songs takes over Bollywood, much has been said about the practice in respect to the industry that continues to flourish and breaks records with every new film that hits the box-office.

While several believe that remixes hamper creativity, to some the songs bring back the euphoria of the classical days. And though the debate continues with numbers like Haseeno Ka Deewana (Kaabil), Laila Main Laila (Raees), Humma Humma (Ok Jaanu) and most recently Tamma Tamma Again (Badrinath Ki Dulhania), here’s what Tamma Tamma's original singer Anuradha Paudwal has to say about them.

Talking to a famous tabloid, she told “I stopped singing for Bollywood when I was at the peak of my career. I gave it my best, but then decided to pursue my passion — devotional music. Moreover, I don't identify with today's film music. That's why I stay away from it.”

Paudwal who turned to a spiritual form of music after Kismat Se Tum (Pukar) in 2000 also disclosed that she is fond of composer duo, Ajay-Atul's and expressed her wish to work with them.

"Given a chance, I would like to sing for them,” she told.


Further talking on how remixes take away the essence of music she repeated, "Earlier, I used to get upset with the way these remixes were done. They took away the essence and soul of the original songs. Gaanevidhwansak ho gaye hain (songs have a destructive tone nowadays). But now, I realise that this is how the newer generation expresses love. I wonder how they still appreciate Sufi music, which is so soulful. People make and sell trash in the name of trends these days."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranbir Kapoor resolves his fights with wifey Alia through 'NO EGO' policy!

Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt routinely make headlines, giving us major couple goals. The Bollywood pair is one of India's most adored ...