Radhika Apte becomes Akshay Kumar’s wife now!

Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar is all set to be seen in a biopic directed by R. Balki. Titled PadMan, the film is loosely based on the life of the entrepreneur Padma Shri Arunachalam Muruganantham, who invented the machine that manufactures sanitary pads in low cost.

Actress Sonam Kapoor has been roped in to play a key role in the movie. Now, as per a famous daily, gifted actor, Radhika Apte is also part of the cast. She confirmed the news stating, "Shooting begins in early March and prep starts this week. The characters speak shudh Hindi so I'll be focussing on my dialect. I've had some readings with Akshay and Sonam and though the film is based on real people, I'm trying to stick to the script and how Balki sir perceives my character."

Apte will be seen essaying the role of Akshay's wife in the movie. Speaking about it, she told, "Akshay's is the main part, but I play his wife and that's a crucial role. In certain films it's not about the length of the role but what your part adds to it. There's a lot of meat in this character and I'm excited."

Radhika Apte was all praises for her co-stars Akshay and Sonam, she further added, "I've grown up watching Akshay's films, he's been there eternally and is always in great form. I met him for the first time at the reading and his questions, suggestions and concerns about the script and characters were interesting. I've met Sonam a few times, she's lovely and I'm looking forward to spending time with her at the shoot."


Speaking about the subject of the movie which is still considered a taboo topic in the country, Radhika concluded by telling, "It's high time we began discussing these issues without shame or shyness."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranbir Kapoor resolves his fights with wifey Alia through 'NO EGO' policy!

Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt routinely make headlines, giving us major couple goals. The Bollywood pair is one of India's most adored ...