I never get offended if someone asks me a nasty question, says Sonam Kapoor!

Bollywood diva Sonam Kapoor is also known to speak her mind. In a latest interview to a famous tabloid, the actress spoke her heart out on numerous issues including how life has changed post Raanjhanaa. 

“I thought that my life would be harder, but I have not had one flop film after Raanjhanaa. It’s been five years and it’s only gotten better because my decisions have been very idealistic. I have never toed the line.” She quoted. 

On being enquired about how she chooses her movies, she kindly replied, “If a director comes to me with a big project and actor, but no script I ask him how do I know what my role is? Why should I do this film? I don’t care if others have done it. Sooraj Barjatya has narrated his entire script to me. Sanjay Leela Bhansali has not once told me you cannot have an opinion. They are the most successful people.” 

Speaking about criticism, Sonam told that over the years she has learnt to look at the positive side of everything. People’s views, good or bad, matter a lot and she uses them as tools to better her work. She told, “Aamir Khan has group screenings for all his films and he asks people to tell him what’s wrong so he can make it better. You should be open to that. Actors say they don’t read reviews. I read every review — so that I can become better. There may be some judgmental people, but I look at even them with an open mind. I never get offended if someone asks me a nasty question.” 


In the same interview, the actress also disclosed that B-town women are more sexist than men. She told, “The general perception is that the film industry is sexist but there are only a few people who are and very strangely, it is the women who are more sexist in the film industry.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranbir Kapoor resolves his fights with wifey Alia through 'NO EGO' policy!

Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt routinely make headlines, giving us major couple goals. The Bollywood pair is one of India's most adored ...