I am not a baby-making machine, says Vidya Balan!

Beautiful actress Vidya Balan is one of the few gifted actors who is having a successful career post her wedding. The actor is presently gearing up for the release of her forthcoming movie Begum Jaan. In the movie, she will be seen playing a strong and fierce madam of a brothel.

Last year, there have been news of Vidya having some health issues as it was stated that she is down with dengue. But, her frequent visits to the hospital sparked the rumours of her pregnancy. When a famous daily asked her about it, Vidya told, "It was annoying. I could be going to a clinic for an acne too! Why is it that every time a woman, post marriage, visits a doctor, there are whispers of her pregnancy?"

She further added, "I don't think it's anyone's business except mine and my husband's (Siddharth Roy Kapur). It was a serious invasion of our privacy, but our country is such. Neighbours and relatives [constantly] ask us (unnecessary questions). The day I got married, one of my uncles told me at the wedding venue, 'Next time I see you [her and Siddharth], I should be looking at three people, not two'. This was even before our wedding pictures could be clicked. I politely laughed because we hadn't even decided on our honeymoon destination then."


She concluded by telling, "What is this baby obsession? I am not a baby-making machine. Anyway, the world population is on a rise. If some people don't have children, it's fine."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah: India's Beloved Neighborhood!

A Sitcom That's More Than Just a Show Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah (TMKOC), or "Taarak Mehta's Inverted Spectacles," h...