I have been thrown out of a movie and replaced by the actor or director’s girlfriend, reveals Priyanka!

International diva Priyanka Chopra is one actress who never shies away from talking the truth and has her head held high when it comes to her stand and views.

With the latest ousting of Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein, numerous women have come forward with movements like the #MeToo campaign to speak about their encounters of abuse from powerful men.

"Not just Bollywood, I think it has struck a chord with everyone. #MeToo got popular not just in America but all over the world. Women across the world in every field and not just the film industry face abuse from a powerful man be it in the emotional, verbal, sexual, physical forms," Priyanka specified during an event.

The actress revealed, "It is never easy for a woman to come out and say I was hurt or troubled. It just becomes easier when someone stands by her because most of the time they say a woman asked for it or it was her fault but it’s not. I believe women are not victims but survivors. There should not be a world where women survive, there should be one where they thrive."


Getting open about her own struggles with men in power and demanding to be treated with respect, Priyanka further added, "I have been thrown out of a movie and replaced by the actor or director’s girlfriend. That’s an abuse of power and I could not do anything since I did not cater to the whims and fancies of powerful men. I catered to my friends and colleagues who respected me. So I was treated in a certain way because I demanded it. My parents stood beside me and told me there’s nothing to be afraid of. But then there are women who have no support from family, friends, colleagues and peers. It gets difficult for them to do it all alone."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...