Rani Mukerji opens about her husband’s absence from social media!

Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji will soon be seen making a comeback with her forthcoming movie Hichki. The actor, who is wedded to Aditya Chopra, is not on social media and doesn't quite misses it.

In a chat to a channel, Rani spoke in a length about a number of things including the social media trends which has become so flourishing nowadays.

She recalled about the time when actors were considered unreachable and the love letters she used to receive from admirers and how time has evolved since then.

"I think at that time, the actors, the stars were still up in the galaxy. People thought they were inaccessible. People thought that they are stars, we cannot see or touch them, hence we will see them in the theatres. Now, things have changed. I have been a part of the change myself, have seen both the sides of the coin," she revealed.

She further added, "I was there during the time when things were changing when the stars from the galaxy started descending into their bedrooms. Stars have become accessible now. People today don't look at stars like someone who is inaccessible. Earlier stars were looked upon like 'Wow' but today they are looked as humans."

She further revealed about the social media trolls. "The fans with whom we used to have a love story earlier have now become hate story. Actors are getting trolled on social media. Thank God I am not there, she said.

Further, she explained the reason for being away from social media.


"In my case, because I am married to a very private person, who is not Mr. India (unlike popular belief) and he is not only seen through the red glass, I can see him without them too. I think I consciously chose not to be on social media because then you cannot choose that this is the only part of me that I would like to give my fans because you are answerable to all of them. For me, my existence today is that yes I am married, I have a daughter and if my fans ask me for their pictures, revealing something about my personal life, I don't have a complete say. I cannot suddenly ask my husband to become a media savvy person. It is not possible. If I say NO to one fan, that fan might get delusional, so my thing is completely different. I don't mind giving my pictures 24/7 because I am in this field and used to it but I can't take responsibility if they ask me for my husband's pictures or if they tell me to show Adira's pictures. I can't do that because her father also takes certain decisions for her."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...