I love my child but I am also passionate about acting, says Deepika Singh!

TV show Diya Aur Baati Hum fame Deepika Singh Goyal welcomed a baby boy Soham Goyal in May this year. Now, Deepika is all set to return to work post maternity break.

Speaking about it, Deepika specified to a tabloid, "In the last few months, I have been working out. I started with yoga but that didn’t work for me so I went back to Odissi dance which I love. It has been fun dancing again. It’s very satisfying. I am conscious about my health and want to reduce my weight too."

She further revealed about how she lost her weight which she gained during pregnancy. Deepika told, "I don’t believe in dieting and would rather work out. I didn’t restrict myself from any food due to pregnancy and now feeding my son. I want to be fit and not slim, per se. I feel an actor doesn’t have to be slim or have a certain figure, instead you should be good at your job, which is acting. That is more important."

When enquired about getting back to work, she told, "Like every mother, I love my child but I am also passionate about acting. I have always been a working woman and I have a support system at home as my mother-in-law is a big help. She takes care of Soham when I go to workout or step out of the house for any errand. I don’t have to worry about nannies or help which is a boon. That is another reason why I have decided to get back to work. Once I start meeting people, let’s see what offers come my way. One might get lucky and get a good show quickly or you may have to wait for a while. I have just made up my mind about acting soon but not approached anyone yet."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...