How can I force someone to give me an award?, tells Sonam Kapoor on losing the best actress award!

While brother Harshvardhan has visibly expressed his dissatisfaction with not winning the best debut actor award, Sister Sonam Kapoor has apparently taken the loss with the right spirit and is happy with just being nominated.

On being asked what does she feel about losing to Alia, the 31-year-old told, “If I haven’t won it, then I believe that it was what they thought was the best. That’s up to Star Screen.  I was not offended. I am just excited to be nominated, it makes me feel really good. I don’t know if it’s important, but it does make you feel good about yourself.”

“If the audience thinks I deserve to win, I am thrilled. Getting the audiences’ love is all an actor craves for. So when they feel I deserve it, it means the world to me. But how can I force someone to give me an award? May be other actors can, but that’s not my personality. I don’t think I would change who I am just to win an award. I am really glad that the audiences think I should win, but I also believe that it shouldn’t be about winning. It takes away from Neerja and it makes me uncomfortable after a point,” she further added.


On the film front, Sonam will be next seen in Rhea Kapoor’s Veere Di Wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...