Babita continues to be my wife and I continue to be her incorrigible, horrible husband, says Randhir Kapoor!


Veteran actor Randhir Kapoor began his acting career in 1971 with Kal, Aaj Aur Kal. He wedded Babita the same year but separated in 1998. But, in 2007, the couple got back together. Blessed with two daughters, both Karisma and Kareena are megastars in their own right. 
Randhir, who will be ringing in his 70th birthday in a fortnight's time, got up, close and personal with a leading daily, where he spoke honestly about his wife, daughters and his life's plans ahead.

"People want to know whether I'm throwing a party to trumpet my old age. Well, the answer is, yes, but rather than a big bash it'll be an intimate gathering of family and a few close friends. Babita, who is still my wife, and my daughters, Karisma and Kareena, will look after my guests. They are still my family. I have three lovely grandchildren too. Taimur (Kareena's son Taimur Ali Khan) will barely be two months old then but I'm hoping the other two, Samaira and Kiaan (Karisma's children), can come to my party for a little while. But it's a school day, so they may not be able to attend," told RK, on his birthday plans this year. 

Explaining frankly about his relationship with wife Babita and daughters Lolo-Bebo, Randhir shared, "Well, I still have just one wife (Babita) and two daughters (Karisma and Kareena). Nothing around me has changed in all these years. The only thing that has is that I don't live with them anymore. The girls are married and have their own homes. And Babita is in a happy space by herself. She's not got married again and nor does she intend to, neither do I. She continues to be my wife and I continue to be her incorrigible, horrible husband. So be it!"

He further added, "I'm content being semi-retired. My children are settled. In fact, both my daughters are wealthier than I am and I keep asking them to adopt me as their father, so that I can also be rich. I still meet Babita for dinner sometimes, we eat and laugh. That is the way we are."

Randhir's brother Rishi Kapoor lately compared Aamir Khan to his father post-Dangal. On this, Randhir quoted, "I think Chintu is right. Aamir is a complete filmmaker like our father. He does not need Deepika Padukone and Kareena Kapoor to enhance Dangal, he can pull off a movie with rank newcomers!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...