Know about the favourite film of Ranbir and Karan from themselves!




Karan Johar and Ranbir Kapoor's friendship is obvious through their interviews and talk shows they have been part of. Latest Ae Dil Hai Mushkil is the first film of Karan and Ranbir and they are too thrilled for the movie.

Lately, in a communication with a famous newspaper, Ranbir was questioned about his favourite Karan Johar movie. To which he answered, "Ae Dil Hai Mushkil! Of course, it sounds like a selfish answer, but honestly, the reason for me being an actor is Shah Rukh Khan and Karan Johar's movies. I was in the 7th grade when I saw Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, it was at the time when you are getting interested in girls and you want to flirt with them. In my head, I had embodied the character of Rahul. I bought the cool pendant and the polo neck tees. We thought that the world of romance and how to woo a girl is like this. When Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham released, I was studying in New York. I went for the first night show in Times Square, the theatre was crowded and I had to sit on the floor. These two movies have really impacted my notions about a lot of feelings in life. Next was Kal Ho Na Ho, though I was never really a very big fan of that movie."

Karan Johar added about a coincidence of growing up seeing Ranbir's father Rishi Kapoor's movies. He revealed, "Its sheer coincidence that I grew up wearing the kind of sweaters his father (Rishi Kapoor) would wear. I would tell my father (Yash Johar) to buy me the sweaters that Rishi Kapoor wore in Chandni. I would wear them even in the heat of Mumbai. I was obsessed with Rishi Kapoor. I grew up wanting to be like Ranbir's dad and I used to perform to every song of Chandni. I wonder if that is the reason why I reacted the way I did to Ranbir."


When Karan was enquired about his favourite Ranbir Kapoor movie, he replied, "Barfi! I had a cardiac arrest while watching that movie. I was weeping more than the entire cinema put together. There was like this Ganga, Jamuna and Saraswati coming out of my eyes. I was moved by his performance in the movie, and I loved the whole cast and Anurag Basu's work. There's a reason that I didn't watch Besharam, I knew he wouldn't be good in it. I don't want to watch a bad Ranbir movie. I have not seen it and I turn it off even now when it comes on TV."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...