As I was being choosy with my work, only a few offers were coming my way, reveals Barun Sobti!






TV's star, Barun Sobti made buzz when he quit his popular TV show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon in 2012. While the news saddened many admirers, Barun bagged three movies after that. This included John Abraham production Satra Ko Shaadi Hai and, 22 Yards. But besides Main Aur Mr. Riight (2014), his other movies are still under production. 

Here the good news as the recent premiere of his fourth movie Tu Hai Mera Sunday at the London Film Festival (UK). The movie was lately screened at the MAMI film festival in Mumbai. 

In a conversation with a famous daily revealed, Barun was questioned about his two postponed movies and what kept him going! To this, he told, "I have had an enormous amount of support from my wife, Pashmeen. I was taken care of financially, which helped me carry on doing good work. Everyone has a different life story. Things happen rapidly for someone and things move slowly for others. As I was being choosy with my work, only a few offers were coming my way. The belief in myself and people’s support helped me a lot. Everyone around me believes in me as a (hard-working) person and actor. So, there was never a time when things weren’t working out. After a point, I reached a stage where I felt I had shown a lot of courage by following my dreams. Thankfully, the wait has started to pay off now."


Barun further added, "I was shooting for a web series called Tanhaiyaan with Surbhi Jyoti, which should wrap up by December. I was working on Tu Hai Mera Sunday, which was screened at the London Film Festival and at the MAMI film festival in Mumbai. We are looking at an early release next year. I should finish shooting for my other movie, 22 Yards, by December too."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...