Vidya Balan upsets with loosely used words like feminism, molestation and sexual harassment!




Eccentric, frank and honest- Vidya Balan has never been the one to shy away from speaking her mind. Lately, a few news suggested that the actor who was in Kolkata for the promotions of her forthcoming film Begum Jaan had lashed out at a male enthusiast for touching her inappropriately.

The male fan seemingly placed his arm around Vidya despite her objection as he leaned to take a selfie. Confirming this to a famous tabloid, Vidya told that someone did behave with her but it was not molestation, as reported by a certain section of media.

"I think words like feminism, molestation and sexual harassment are used loosely, and that’s upsetting. Someone behaved inappropriately (with me), he touched my back when he was taking a selfie and I objected to it. That’s what it is. But to grab headlines, to say that I was molested is incorrect!” told the 38-year old actor. 

Vidya further added that she doesn't pay attention to such news but it upsets her family and friends. She also told that we should open our mouth and object if we are uncomfortable doing something.  "I don’t read the papers or watch TV, so someone brought it to my notice, asking: ‘Did you get molested?’ And I felt, for God’s sake let’s get some fundas clear! Yes, I thought he [the fan] was behaving inappropriately, and I said [to him]: ‘It’s wrong, don’t try and act smart! I didn’t let him take that selfie and that’s okay. We have to open our mouth when we don’t like something," Vidya told.


Vidya was latest seen in Kahaani 2 and will next be seen in a powerful role as the madam of brothel in Begum Jaan, which is set to release on April 14, 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varun Dhawan’s niece Anjini Dhawan and Salman Khan unite for film Sikandar!

Anjini Dhawan, the niece of Varun Dhawan , debuted in Bollywood with Pankaj Kapur in Binny and Family . Even though the dramedy might not ha...