OMG! Karan Johar becomes a proud father of twins Yash and Roohi!

Filmmaker Karan Johar astonished the industry and the audience when he pronounced the birth of his twins Yash and Roohi yesterday. While it came as a pleasant surprise to numerous, what people were really wondering was that how did he keep such big news under wraps.

As per to a famous daily, seven days after the birth of his kids, Karan had hosted a singles only party on Valentines and still managed to keep the news a secret.

An actor, who was present at the party, on condition of anonymity said the daily, "I knew he wanted to have children someday, but I had no idea he was bringing his babies home this soon. Now that I think of it, Karan was not his usual self. He kept excusing himself frequently. But for those who had no idea, they couldn't have guessed."

Not just his friends but also people working under his production house Dharma Productions were shocked with the pronouncement. A source close to the production house informed, "I don't think anyone in office was aware about it either. Even last month, Karan followed his usual schedule and would come to work every other day."

Only Karan's close friends like Gauri Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan and Manish Malhotra knew about this lovely addition in his life, a step that he always desired to take and about which he had mentioned in his recently released book An Unsuitable Boy. He wrote, "I don't know what I am going to do about it, but I feel like I would like to be a parent. I don't know how it's going to happen, but I do feel the need because I have plenty of love to offer and I'd like to take it forward (sic)."

A unit member who worked on Karan's movie Ae Dil Hai Mushkil said the daily, "Over the last few years, he was getting increasingly lonely. He even brought home a pup, Nobu, last year. Though constantly surrounded by friends, who are no less than family, he craved kids of his own. I found out about the surrogacy last December. When I asked Karan, all he said was that I must keep it a secret. We all adore him and respect his wishes."

 "Nothing about his schedule changed in February. He continued to work at the same pace, overseeing promotions of Badrinath Ki Dulhania, curating his chat show and other work commitments," further adds another source.


A close friend of Karan reveals, "I can imagine him as a paranoid parent, spoiling his kids; I can't see him as a disciplinarian. But it's early to say what kind of a parent he will be. Let's just say, he will make a wonderful father."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranbir Kapoor resolves his fights with wifey Alia through 'NO EGO' policy!

Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt routinely make headlines, giving us major couple goals. The Bollywood pair is one of India's most adored ...