Akshay Kumar reveals his next biopic film Mogul based on Gulshan Kumar!

Evergreen actor Akshay Kumar is all set to be seen in one more biopic next year. Yes, the actor is all set to play music mogul and founder of T-series, Gulshan Kumar in the forthcoming movie titled Mogul. 

The film will be produced by Gulshan's wife Sudesh Kumari and directed by Subhash Kapoor, who helmed Akshay's last release, Jolly LLB 2. 

An exciting fact is that Akshay always shared a great bond with Gulshan. Speaking about the biopic, Akshay specified, "I had the good fortune of knowing Gulshanji well. My association with him started right from my first movie Saugandh. We both shared many things in common and come from a similar background. And I am very excited to play him on-screen." 

While Gulshan's son Bhushan told, "Mogul is not a film for me. It’s my dream come true. My father has been my guiding force all through my life and I have always felt his presence with me in everything I do. I always knew that one day I would make Mogul and share my father's amazing story with the world. I am also extremely happy that my mother Sudesh Kumari will be producing the film. And I can think of no one better than Akshay to play him on-screen."

Director Subhash further added, "When Vikram Malhotra shared the idea of the film with me, there was a feeling of disbelief. I always told my team that the one story I would love to make a movie on was Gulshanji's, and here I am doing just that." 

As Tulsi Kumar, Gulshan's daughter is celebrating her birthday today, the makers decided to announce the movie today, as he was extremely close to her. 


The movie is set to go on floors by the end of 2017 and the first poster of the movie is unveiled today. In the poster, we can see Akshay's silhouette appearance as Gulshan Ji. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranbir Kapoor resolves his fights with wifey Alia through 'NO EGO' policy!

Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt routinely make headlines, giving us major couple goals. The Bollywood pair is one of India's most adored ...