Ranbir Kapoor opens up about his privileged life!


Ranbir Kapoor is hectic due to promotional activities of his forthcoming movie Sanju. Helmed by Rajkumar Hirani, the movie is based on the life of Sanjay Dutt.

In a media chat, Ranbir was questioned about any nervousness in doing a biopic on an Indian actor. Ranbir revealed, "It was a daunting task for me. I knew the expectations, I knew I was portraying someone who is still so relevant and a much-loved superstar. I knew the challenges and I also knew that there is a fine line between mimicry and representing someone who is loved by so many people. That’s why I had to represent him with a lot of respect, dignity and heart. It took us six to eight months to get ready. It took us a lot of time to prep, do the prosthetic tests, acting and character rehearsals. The bottom line is that it’s inspired by his life and we had a one-track mind to achieve it."

When Ranbir was questioned if he is also larger-than-life and emotional like Sanjay Dutt, he explains, "Not at all. You know me since I was a child. I’m more of an introvert. In this film, I really connected with the fact that we’re not seeing the larger-than-life Sanjay Dutt. We’re seeing him as a young boy who is lost; someone who is scared of his father; someone who lost his mother at a young age. Nargisji passed away barely two days before the release of his debut film Rocky. There is also the part on him getting into bad company, his addiction to drugs and his personal struggle to come out of it. Everything is there — the trouble he got into over the years, the price he paid for it, how he fell and how he resurrected himself. My life has been very different. Thankfully, there are not so many controversies."

Ranbir Kapoor has given remarkable performances in movies like Rockstar, Barfi, Tamasha and others. When questioned if he has ever been unfaithful to a role, he clarified, "I don’t take my job for granted. I understand that I’m one of the few privileged people who had it easy in life, and that there are many out there who are way more talented than me. I think if I take my job lightly or don’t surrender to every role, I won’t deserve the position that I’m in today. However, when I see Raajneeti (2010), I sometimes feel I should have worked harder in that film. Back then, I didn’t understand the movie’s beats and nuances. I’m grateful to Prakash Jha for giving me that film. If I had a chance to do it again, I will give it much more."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...