Playing a character like Rai is a dream come true for me, says Vivek Oberoi!

Vivek Oberoi, who had made his debut as an actor with Ram Gopal Varma's Company, in which he had played a courageous gangster named Chandu Nagre, will work in Varma's next movie Rai, which is based on the life of former don Muthappa Rai and Vivek is quite thrilled about essaying this role in the movie.

Talking about his forthcoming movie, Vivek told, "In my entire life both as an actor and a film watcher, I have yet to come across any character anywhere near to the character of Rai, it's like a dream come true for me to take the challenge of portraying the complex nuances of Rai's character. I thank RGV for giving me the opportunity to bring on to screen the greatest gangster ever! Called a criminal by some and a messiah by many, he is the ultimate symbol of justice! Feared, loved and respected he has become a legend in his own life time and he is on the way to become something much more greater than a legend."

On his part, Ram Gopal Varma told, "Any filmmaker is only as good as the subject matter he gets, With RAI I think I have the best subject matter I ever found in my entire career. In fact it's so good that I will have to work hard to spoil it. Mr. Muthappa Rai has renounced his earlier life of violence and now became a peaceful philanthropist working only for the welfare of the people, but my request to him is that if I spoil such a great story as Rai he should go back into violence and kill me. Rai for me is the story of an extraordinary man who lived, struggled and triumphed among extraordinary circumstances; it's the story of an ultimate real life hero."


Ram Gopal Varma's next film is Veerappan, which is slated to release on May 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...