Will be blown away if I get a National Award, says Alia Bhatt!



Alia Bhatt is on a winning spree at numerous award galas for her impactful depiction of a Bihari migrant in "Udta Punjab". And even though she doesn't work for trophies, the young and resourceful Alia Bhatt tells she will be blown away if she gets a National Award.

Having won the Best Actress trophy at the recently-held Filmfare Awards and Screen Awards, Alia's deglamorized performance as a victim of drug abuse in "Udta Punjab" could be one of the frontrunners for the Best Actress category at the forthcoming 64th National Film Awards.

"I will be blown away if I get it. It's an honour to win a National Award. I don't know if it's possible, but if it happens, of course, I will be very glad," Alia said a source.

But, Alia says she will not be upset even if she doesn't get it.

"With awards, you are rewarded for just your efforts. I don't think of it as the be-all and end-all. I don't work for awards, but the year that you get them, it's just that you feel very grateful and you feel very glad that your efforts have been recognised. There's nothing else to feel about it. You shouldn't take it too seriously; and if you don't get it, that doesn't mean that your career is over," added Alia.

Alia is currently busy promoting her upcoming entertainer "Badrinath Ki Dulhania" and said that, like her previous work, doing this film was also a challenge for her.

"Every film that I pick up is a sort of challenge for me. 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' was challenging because it is (set) in a different place altogether. I am playing a girl from Kota. She is a small-town girl and very different from other characters that I have played. Through such films, you have to make the audience smile and cry at the same time -- that itself is a challenge," she told.


The movie is scheduled to release on March 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranbir Kapoor resolves his fights with wifey Alia through 'NO EGO' policy!

Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt routinely make headlines, giving us major couple goals. The Bollywood pair is one of India's most adored ...