Kriti Sanon feels proud for success without godfather in Bollywood!

In film industry where star children are lined up for their grand launch, actress Kriti Sanon confesses her ride in Bollywood would have been easier if she was from a film background, but she is "proud" that she doesn't have a "godfather".

Delhi girl Kriti, daughter of a chartered accountant and an associate professor, spoke to a daily about her journey on the sidelines of the fourth edition of India Beach Fashion Week 2017 here. 

Speaking about how having some backing helps, she told, "People would have known me much faster... To register a new face, especially when that face doesn't come from a film background and you don't know the surname, it takes a little while for the audience to connect with you."

"I am quite proud of it, of where I've come. I never thought of becoming an actor to where I am right now . I don't have any particular godfather, who is always there and helping me out. But at the same time, I am making my own mistakes and learning through them," she told.

Also, the 26-year-old actress feels "rawness helps as an actor".

"It's good sometimes to not know too much," Kriti told.

The actress has starred in two romantic films "Heropanti" and "Dilwale". As of now, she has two movies "Raabta" and "Bareilly Ki Barfi" in her kitty. 

She tells "Raabta" is a romantic drama. And one cannot actually put "Bareilly Ki Barfi" in one genre because it has got a little bit of romance, comedy, drama and slice of life feel to it.

"Dilwale" was more of an experience for Kriti with names like Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol and Varun Dhawan.


"It was an ensemble project. So of course, the amount you have as an actor to perform is not so much. I have not yet, in these two films, got a platform where I could explore more as an actor," she told, adding that "Raabta" and "Bareilly Ki Barfi" are more performance-oriented.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varun Dhawan’s niece Anjini Dhawan and Salman Khan unite for film Sikandar!

Anjini Dhawan, the niece of Varun Dhawan , debuted in Bollywood with Pankaj Kapur in Binny and Family . Even though the dramedy might not ha...