Sonu Nigam becomes bald to reply Maulavi's challenge!


Singer Sonu Nigam literally took everybody by surprise after he pronounced on Twitter that he will be going bald this afternoon.

Well, this shocking pronouncement came after the Vice President of the West Bengal Minority United Council issued a fatwa against Sonu over his statement against the use of loudspeakers for azaan and forced religiousness. "If anyone can shave his hair, put a garland of old torn shoes around his neck and tour him around the country I personally announce an award of Rs 10 lakh for that person," told the Maulavi.

Replying to this Sonu today posted, "Today at 2 pm Aalim will come to my place, and shave my head. Keep your 10 lakhs ready Maulavi." 

The news indeed came as a mild shock to numerous, but, keeping his words, Sonu literally shaved his head turning bald.

While speaking to the press outside his residence, Sonu told, "I want to say this once again, what Aalim bhai is doing is not some agitation. Don't feature it like that. Don't portray it like a challenge. This is not some challenge. This is to tell you that baal kaatne wala Musalmaan hai aur jiske baal katwane ka fatwa diya gaya hai woh Hindu hai. There is no animosity. I'm not cutting my hair against my will. I'm telling my Musalmaan bhai to cut my hair. If we interpret the talk of fatwa with love and if you'll understand what I have said then that is wonderful."

Further, he also spoke about people dancing and drinking in the name of religion and explained that this was not against any one religion. 


This all began after Sonu voiced out his frustration on Twitter after the morning azaan disturbed his sleep forcing him to wake up. Since then, the singer has been receiving a lot of criticism from all the sides, but, he continued to maintain his stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...