Shoojit Sircar’s script for Varun Dhawan!

It was lately disclosed by Varun Dhawan that he will be collaborating for the first time with filmmaker Shoojit Sircar for a film. Speaking about it with a news source, Varun had told, "There is something that he has narrated to me which I really liked. I wanted to work with Shoojit Sircar ever since I watched Vicky Donor. I will start shooting for the film after Judwaa 2 and it is a love story."

Talking more in detail about the film is Shoojit himself who told a famous tabloid, "Varun (Dhawan) and I are keen to work together on another film that Juhi (Chaturvedi; writer) and I are collaborating on. The final stages of scripting are on, and in another month or so, we will be ready to talk about it. It is going to be a slice of life, but unusual."

He spoke about the other project he is working on, He told, "The project is based on freedom fighter Udham Singh. It will have my own take on the Indian Independence movement and him." 

Rumours have been widespread that Ranveer Singh is being considered for the role of Udham Singh but no official confirmation has been made yet.


Shoojit's movies have always been a mix of entertainment with a social message. Speaking about it, Shoojit told, "It is difficult because that’s where I struggle a lot. I have grown up on documentaries. To do a documentary on anything is easy but to put a cinematic, fictional life or thrill to it is a tough job. It takes a lot of your instinct, vision, observations, experience and what’s most important is the kind of a person you are, as that will also reflect on screen. Whatever I am, it all comes on the screen."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...