Sonam Kapoor feels pain for Girls from rural areas!

Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor will be next seen in PadMan with Akshay Kumar and Radhika Apte. The movie is helmed by R Balki and produced by Twinkle Khanna. The movie is based on Arunachalam Muruganantham, inventor of low-cost sanitary napkins for women in rural areas.

In a media chat with a tabloid, Sonam spoke about the problems women in rural areas face during their periods and the concept of the movie.

About taking up the movie, Sonam revealed, "I have been brought up beautifully by my parents. My parents have never made me feel that something is wrong with me one because I am a girl or I get my period or I am an actress. I went to an amazing school where I had equal education on everything including sex and period. Everybody is not privileged like me. I can create awareness. Lots of girls will be scared to do a film on periods, but I didn’t even think before signing."

About the tale of film, Sonam revealed, "I think whatever anybody does is all because of love, that emotion drives us. The film is about that emotion. Any extraordinary achievements come out of love. The story is about a man who created sanitary napkins at a cheap price of Rs 2, but it is also the story about what made him do this because he loved his wife"


Sonam also said how girls in rural areas are treated badly during their periods and how less number of women in this country use sanitary pads. The actor revealed, "To know only twelve percent of women have access to sanitary napkins is very disheartening. We are only fifty percent of the population and in that only twelve percent of women have access to sanitary napkins. We haven’t seen anything or faced harsh things during our period because we live in the metropolitan city. Hardly we have faced the stigma of not going temple during our period or not touch pickles. I don’t understand what will happen to that pickles but anyway, the girls from rural areas have been treated awfully during their period and that’s the real problem. The substitute for a pad for them is ashes, leaves, dirty clothes and what not."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...