I am more of a mother than father for my kids Roohi & Yash, says Karan Johar!

An overjoyed Karan Johar on March 5 made the most important pronouncement of his life to the world- the filmmaker turned a father to two beautiful kids- Yash and Roohi via surrogacy. As wishes started pouring, Karan also revealed that his two kids are named after his parents, Yash after his late father Yash Johar and Roohi is an anagram of Hiroo, his mother.

Lately, Karan spoke about his new stint as a parent at the India Today Conclave 2017 which is being held in Mumbai.

He was asked who would be his choice as the mother to his children, to which the ace filmmaker said," I am the mother of my children. I am more of a mother than I am a father."

Karan even shared the emotional moment which he went through when he saw his kids for the first time. He even mentioned that his kids were born premature - they were supposed to be born in the month of April but they were delivered in February.

"I didn't even realize that tears were rolling down my face because I just could not believe that there were two pieces of me staring at me, vulnerable, innocent and all piped and tubed up," said the new dad in the town.

Karan- known for his candour even said that he wouldn't impose his wish on his children and will be supportive of what they want to do just like his parents supported his decision to be a filmmaker.


"My need to have children comes from my sense of nurturing. I wanted to channelise the love within me," added Karan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varun Dhawan’s niece Anjini Dhawan and Salman Khan unite for film Sikandar!

Anjini Dhawan, the niece of Varun Dhawan , debuted in Bollywood with Pankaj Kapur in Binny and Family . Even though the dramedy might not ha...