I don't feel my age at all, reveals Lata Mangeshkar on 88th birthday!

Well-known Indian singer Lata Mangeshkar, who turned 88 on Thursday, reveals age doesn't dampen her spirit and that she has always lived with a hope for a better tomorrow.

"Bahuthogaya... Aapko kaisa lagta hai... Aap gaati kyun nahin hain... Aapke favourite naye singers kaunhai... Aap apni behen (Asha Bhosle) se kyun nahin milti... Arrey bhai, sab ho chuka hai. Let's talk about the fun times," she suggested as though she were 18 rather than 88.

With a girlish cackle, Mangeshkar revealed, "Should I tell you the truth? I don't feel my age at all. I still feel young. I've never been weighed down by my troubles. Everyone has her share of problems in life. Even when I was young and struggling, and I was happy hopping from studio to studio bumping into other strugglers like Kishoreda and Mukeshbhaiyya. Those were fun times even when I had to go hungry for the entire day. There was no money in my purse. But there was only hope in my heart. And the belief that no matter how tough the future looked there was always hope for a better tomorrow."


When asked about her birthday thoughts, she revealed, "I can't thank the listeners enough for bearing with me for 70 years. I didn't even how the time flew by. Waqt kaise nikal gaya pataa hi nahin chala (I don't know how time flew by). If I had a chance to live it all again I wouldn't change a thing. Not even that fall from the stool while singing with Uma Devi," she quipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...