I have no doubts that Ranveer can effortlessly play a rapper in Gully Boy, says Rapper Naezy!

Famous Rapper Naezy from Dharavi stole the thunder when his story was out in the form of a documentary for the entire world to see his struggle. Zoya Akhtar's next Gully Boy which stars Ranveer Singh is based on his story. Talking to a leading tabloid, Naezy narrated how he got to meet Zoya. 

He told, "I have been working on this project for the past 18 months. Zoya first heard of me while she was editing Dil Dhadakne Do (2015) and saw the video of my song, Aafat. She was surprised that Mumbai slums have so much talent. Our first meeting was at Blue Frog in Lower Parel (shut since last August) where we were performing for MTV Indies (off air since last September). A common friend, Ankur Tiwari, arranged a few more meetings."

He further added, "Zoya also met the documentary's director to discuss the basic plot. She and I had heart-to-heart chats on my journey; she wanted to crack the ambience of my slum. I was shocked when Zoya came visiting, because she makes movies about rich people (Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara and Dil Dhakadne Do). She also met my friends to understand my background."

"The dialogues are in Hindi and English, but once we are on board, we will help turn it the way we speak. She also intends to retain some of my original tracks in the film. Ankur will supervise the music," Naezy said further. 

Naezy also revealed that he likes Ranveer. He told, "I like the guy. We worked together for a song in Hey Bro (2015). He is a versatile actor and I have no doubts that he can effortlessly play an emperor in Padmavati and a rapper in this film."

Expressing his concerns, he shared, "I didn't want the film to become a dramatic mess. I shared my worries with Zoya and she explained that there is bound to be some fiction in the narrative. (But) I am certain this film will change the way hip-hop is perceived in India. Here, it has a negative image because of mainstream artistes. Originally, it isn't about passing lewd comments at women. My focus is on bringing about a change in society and mindsets."

"I have my own battles to fight - convincing parents to pursue this art. But, I know I have found my calling," Naezy shared and signed off.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...