I don't make films to change people's mindsets, says Akshay Kumar!

Different genres as action, comedy, patriotism, satire, romance, drama in a career spanning over 25 years and a 100-plus filmography, Akshay Kumar has emphasized the concept of "good over evil" through many of his flicks. But, the actor says he has never intended to preach anything to the viewers or to change anybody's mindset with his work.

"I don't do films to bring changes in people's minds. I do films which I believe in. So I present the films which I believe in. If anybody likes the film or not, that depends on people," Akshay said ahead of the release of his new courtroom drama "Jolly LLB 2".

With a smile reflecting fulfillment on his face, the 49-year-old Akshay added, "I did a film called 'OMG - Oh My God!' because I don't believe in idol worship. I believe god is within us. I feel why are we wasting milk by pouring it over god's idols... Rather than that, we should give it to some poor person. A lot of people tell me that they liked that film and now don't follow the same (don't believe in idol worship)."

But Akshay told it has never been a deliberate attempt by him to make "films to teach".


Directed by Subhash Kapoor, "Jolly LLB 2", which also features Huma Qureshi, Saurabh Shukla and Annu Kapoor, is slated to release on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...