Sarbjit Singh's real sister Dalbir Kaur broke down after seeing Sarbjit's trailer!

The powerful trailer of Omung Kumar's forthcoming biopic Sarbjit, which is based on the life of slain Indian prisoner Sarbjit Singh, who spent 22-years in a Pakistani jail on false espionage charges, was lately unveiled and it has not only moved the viewers but it also made the real-life Sarabjit's sister Dalbir Kaur very emotional.

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is playing Dalbir Kaur's role in the movie and the latter is thankful to the actress for translating her journey so well on-screen. Dalbir tells, ''The trailer of the film Sarbjit was enough for me and my whole family to see our hurtful journey play out in front of our eyes. We all had tears in our eyes because everyone's performance is very impactful.  As the characters moved, we could see ourselves in them and I cannot express the kind of emotions we felt at that time. It was difficult to be reminded of all that had happened, but we are happy that the nation will know our story now and hope that they will make sure something like this doesn't happen to any other family in future.''

She further adds ''Everyone is amazed by the posters and the trailer that is all over the news. Aishwarya, Randeep and Richa justify the characters so well and I feel it couldn't have been any better. I am very honored that Aishwarya has essayed my character and has essayed it so well. As much I have seen on set in Punjab, it was evident that she put her heart and soul to do justice to my character. It was surprising to see a superstar like her so humble and caring. She hugged me every time I met her with a lot of warmth and made sure I was comfortable. I am blessed to have been associated to a substantial woman like her and I did see myself in her. I thank her and love her for understanding me and my journey so well and putting it forth in front of everyone so correctly.''

Randeep Hooda is playing Sarbjit in the movie, while Richa Chadda is essaying the role of his wife Sukhpreet Kaur.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...