SRK feels that body shaming is rubbish!


The fans of Shah Rukh Khan were content seeing him dance around the trees and romance his actresses but one fine day, Shah Rukh Khan treated his admirers to his six-pack abs and chiseled body leaving us in total awe of his body transformation. But, Shahrukh feels that you don’t need to have the perfect body to be the best person.

In a media chat, Shah Rukh Khan told that when he took off his shirt for Dard E Disco, he made a joke out of it because after exhibiting a greased body, SRK feels that body shaming is rubbish. SRK revealed, “I have never got tough roles to play and the general belief is that, you are tough when your body is tough. Unfortunately, even with my muscles, I looked lean, but I didn’t know it back then. All this body shaming is rubbish; I don’t think you have to be body perfect to express anything or to be the best person. And that’s why when I danced to ‘Dard-E-Disco’, I made a joke out of it. I took off my shirt, flaunted a greased body, posed as a fireman in the song, and did all those things that you expect sexy men to do. And it was funny because my character was so non-macho that I wanted to spoof it. It was important that people don’t take it seriously.”    

Yes, in retrospect, SRK feels that it was just a thing in his head that got him motivated to transform his body. “At the age of 42, I was sitting at home and casually chatting with my friends when I told them that I will work towards building the best body this country has even seen. They turned around and told me, ‘No one likes you with muscles, don’t be silly. You don’t have to do what others do’. I said that I will do it, as it’s a thing in my head,” revealed Shahrukh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...