Paresh Rawal was destined to play Sunil Dutt?



Veteran actor Paresh Rawal, who turned a year older recently, is all set to play the role of the late Sunil Dutt in the movie "Sanju", a biopic of Sanjay Dutt. He feels he was fated to essay the role.

He tells he had once received a letter on his birthday, and it was penned by Sunil Dutt, father of actor Sanjay Dutt on whose life the Rajkumar Hirani directorial is based.

Paresh told in a statement: "There is a very special connection of Sunil Dutt with me. Back in 2005 on the May 25, I was doing some patchwork in Mumbai for 'Deewane Huye Paagal', I went to a hotel as I landed from the US to make a call to my home when my wife Swaroop said Dutt saab had sent me a letter. I asked 'Whose?' She said, 'Sunil Dutt saab'. I was like, 'Why would he write a letter to me?'. She said, 'For your birthday'. I said my birthday is on May 30, why would he write a letter five days before. Straight cut to January 2, 2017, when I was at the narration of 'Sanju' at Rajkumar Hirani's house, I got a call from Swaroop asking me what to do of the letter of Dutt saab in the drawer... amazing connection. I asked her if the letter was still there? Earlier you would get birthday letters, which you would eventually clear. However, for over 12 years, the letter stayed in my drawer. This is the connection... I think I was destined to play Sunil Dutt."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...