Sonu Sood denies reports of not doing work with a female director!


Bollywood stars Kangana Ranaut and Sonu Sood were supposed to be seen in the movie Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi. The actor was going to essay Sadashiv Rao in the movie and had shot for the movie earlier. Now that Kangana Ranaut was going to don the director's hat, Sonu wasn't keen on working with her. Kangana revealed that he doesn't want to work under a female director. Post her statement, Sonu hit her back questioning her ability as a director.

In a chat with a daily, Sonu Sood was questioned why he told that he doesn't want to work with a female director. Sonu revealed, "That was not my statement. I never said that I don’t want to work with a female director because I have already done a movie with a female director (Farah Khan, Happy New Year). I only said I can’t be working with two directors on one set. So I will always maintain that stand and in a span of all these years, whatever films I have done, 80-90 movies, I have worked with one director at a time. So that is my stand and I will always stick to it."

In the meantime, Kangana revealed, "Sonu and I haven’t even met since the last shot with Krish (director) last year. He is busy filming Simmba. He couldn’t even give us tentative dates to match combinations with other actors. The producers showed him the film and writers narrated the patchwork to him...he refused to meet me. He vehemently denied to work under a woman director, which is kind of amusing because Sonu is a dear friend and I have even launched the music of a film that he produced on his request, even though the team suggested that they have full faith in me, it seems, Sonu had neither dates nor faith."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...